SHAPE is the real estate investment, development and management company leading some of the largest and most exciting projects in North America including The Amazing Brentwood, The City of Lougheed and RC at CF Richmond Centre.
Through our fully integrated platform, SHAPE specializes in complete neighbourhoods with a top-calibre mix of shops, restaurants, residences, entertainment and a complete range of daily services on rapid transit. By executing on every stage of the real estate process, from land acquisition to property management, we are able to collaborate more efficiently, work seamlessly and perform at the highest level. Every SHAPE property reflects lasting vision, bold creativity and obsessive attention to detail.
Our projects are complex, our vision is simple: deliver social and financial value for generations. With a proven ability to raise the bar across our diverse portfolio of assets, we build on where we’ve been to push the edge of better: for industry standards, quality of life and return on investment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The 5th Class Engineer/Maintenance position is responsible for repairs and projects related to overall maintenance of the site. Assist in maintaining, operating, and repairing boilers in a District Energy System which services the site. They are also responsible for monitoring and inspecting building monitoring systems and attending to service calls and emergencies. Shifts will be a mixture of mornings (6:30am-2:30pm) and evenings (2pm-10pm). There may be some infrequent overnight coverage required from 10pm – 6am. Some Weekend availability is a must.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform minor repairs and projects such as plumbing, electrical, drywall repairs, carpentry, painting etc.
- Help ensure timely response/resolution/recommendation to all tenant requests
- Assist in day-to-day monitoring of the Centre’s HVAC equipment including boilers, cooling towers, chillers, pumps, motors, fans, vfds, and compressors
- Carry out preventative maintenance duties on all equipment listed above as well as other Building systems both interior and exterior with minimal supervision
- Assist with Energy Management including scheduling equipment start/run times, DDC optimization, etc.
- Operate and maintain other building systems including Life Safety Systems, Plumbing, Electrical, Building Automation Systems
- Respond as part of the EMT to any emergency situations and assist Fire Department/Security as required including shutting down equipment & utilities
- Participate in and promote company’s Sustainability Programs including LEED standards, BOMA Best etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, and written)
- Good mechanical trouble shooting abilities
- Good attention to detail and record keeping abilities
- Team player
Required Training and Experience
- Holder of British Columbia 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Any other trades tickets would be considered valuable including: Electrician, Plumber, Refrigeration technician etc.
- Experience with water loop heat pump systems
- Experience with high efficiency condensing boilers
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in building operation & maintenance. Multi use commercial/residential/office experience ideal
This is a full-time position at The Amazing Brentwood located in Burnaby, BC. The successful candidate might have the opportunity to work at a 4th Class plant and receive firing time.
Hourly wage: $26/hour