SHAPE is the real estate investment, development and management company leading some of the largest and most exciting projects in North America including The Amazing Brentwood, The City of Lougheed and RC at CF Richmond Centre.
Through our fully integrated platform, SHAPE specializes in complete neighbourhoods with a top-calibre mix of shops, restaurants, residences, entertainment and a complete range of daily services on rapid transit. By executing on every stage of the real estate process, from land acquisition to property management, we are able to collaborate more efficiently, work seamlessly and perform at the highest level. Every SHAPE property reflects lasting vision, bold creativity and obsessive attention to detail.
Our projects are complex, our vision is simple: deliver social and financial value for generations. With a proven ability to raise the bar across our diverse portfolio of assets, we build on where we’ve been to push the edge of better: for industry standards, quality of life and return on investment.
CUSTOMER CARE: THE SHAPE DIFFERENCE
SHAPE is set apart by the superior experience we offer across all facets of our business. We mind the details, take a proactive approach, and constantly seek opportunities to provide an unmatched level of customer experience. With thousands of homes being handed over in the coming years, the Customer Care team upholds and exceeds this high level of service for our valued homeowners.
The Customer Care team ensures our residential purchasers are taken care of for much of the project cycle, from after sales through to home handover and beyond. By providing an elevated experience, this team increases customer satisfaction, builds brand equity, and impacts our projects’ value over the long term.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Customer Care Representatives are front-facing ambassadors of the SHAPE brand and work behind the scenes to deliver every element of our Customer Care program. They conduct pre-delivery inspections, homeowner site tours, and present keys to homeowners. To uphold the highest quality standards, they work with trades, suppliers, and multiple departments within the company. To succeed in the role, the Customer Care Representative must enjoy a challenge, think creatively, and provide an outstanding customer experience. They report directly to the Customer Care Manager and Assistant Director and work closely with SHAPE’s construction, development, sales and marketing, and property management teams.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct pre-delivery inspections and re-inspections to ensure a high standard of finish quality in every home
- Conduct Homeowner Orientations acquainting homeowners with the features and functions of their new home (operation of appliances, heating/cooling systems, home maintenance, etc.)
- Conduct Key Pick Up and building handover tours re-acquainting homeowners with the features and functions of their home and to learn about the building and property
- Work in partnership with Quality Control lead, Project Manager, and construction teams to expedite repairs and deficiency work, providing communication and reports
- Assist in the coordination of trades when necessary to ensure timely and efficient repair of deficiencies
- Supervise and evaluate deficiency work completed and provide ongoing information to the Customer Care Quality Control Manager and Warranty Director as it relates to quality of workmanship and materials
- Maintain positive homeowner relations and provide homeowners with knowledgeable, timely and professional service
- Thorough understanding and ability to communicate the 2-5-10 year warranty and general home care maintenance
- Work with Customer Care Director and Assistant Director on special projects as needed
- Provide accurate and timely information to team leads on progress and scopes of work required
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed
- Ensure all processes and administrative procedures are followed consistently, completely, and accurately
- Uphold and represent the SHAPE brand in all interactions with homeowners, trades, service providers, and internal and external teams
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A firm but fair, customer-centric approach
- Self-motivated and a team player, personable and positive outlook with every situation
- Considerate of others with a drive to connect and nurture relationships
- Outgoing, confident verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Disciplined with time management, capable of working under pressure with multiple projects and tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in public relations
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Flexible availability – may be required to work extended hours, weeknights, and/or weekends as necessary
- Always open to learning
Required Training and Experience
- 2-3 years’ work experience in warranty/customer service, real estate, property management or similar field; residential construction background
Requires the ability to work on a mixed-use construction site pre- and post-occupancy. Physically able to climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, and reach. Balance onsite work with seated work at a computer.
- Opportunity to represent some of the most significant real estate projects in Metro Vancouver (The Amazing Brentwood, The City of Lougheed, RC at CF Richmond Centre)
- Continuous growth and opportunity with a significant number of homes coming in the following years (over 18,000 homes currently anticipated)
- Join a best-in-class SHAPE team
- Personal and professional development within the company and the industry
- A competitive salary with performance bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package
- A fun, collaborative, and autonomous work environment
Salary Range: $58-68k